Embedded Software Engineer for Consumer Electronics
Innovation, together we do it!
With this vision, Helbling Technik positioned as a long-term partner in the innovation network of the customer. Based on powerful engineering tools, modern infrastructure with laboratories and highly professional methods, Helbling Technik’s 390 engineers, computer scientists, physicists and other professionals generate innovative ideas integrating state-of-the-art technologies and develop successful
Helbling Technik develops innovative products and solutions for an international market. We wish to expand our Development Centre in Bern, and are seeking a qualified
Embedded software engineer for consumer electronics
Field of activity:
You will develop embedded (real-time and IoT featured) software for electronic modules to be used in high-quality consumer goods. Optionally you will take the technical lead for development projects within the same domain. Working in an interdisciplinary team with e.g. mechanics, hw engineers, physicists, you will work closely with your colleagues to derive technically relevant requirements and develop solutions that fulfill these requirements as part of the final consumer product. Your focus will be to develop embedded software for microcontrollers and applications for more high-level OS, working closely with electronic hardware developers to ensure optimal software interfacing. Your work with additional stakeholders, including project partners and customers, will ensure tight integration of your SW into the complete product. You will be required to verify your work using series of trials and tests covering the complete development cycle from prototyping to series (mass) production.
- University degree (MSc, BSc or higher) in electrical engineering or computer science
- Strong experience in C/C++ coding for microcontrollers and/or embedded Linux
- Experience in UI programming is a plus (preferably with Qt)
- Ability to read and create flowcharts, UML diagrams is a plus
- Experience of using Agile practices like Scrum, Jira, TDD (Test-Driven Development)
- Expertise in Industry 4.0/IoT, understanding how IoT tools are used for remote diagnostics
- Familiarity in basic data analysis methods and, ideally, with applied machine learning
- You have the talent and ability to efficiently develop and test reliable software, interpret sensorial data
- General understanding of electronic hardware, ability to contribute to electronic system design
- Candidates with proven systems engineering skills are preferred
- Self-confidence, good communication skills, eagerness to learn and acquire new skills and enjoying being part of a dynamic project team with close customer contact are characteristics that are central to this position
- While candidates are expected to be able to communicate in German, English skills are a prerequisite
- The chance to be on the cutting edge of technology and to develop new products and solutions
- Interesting development and continuing education
- A motivated team of design engineers and specialists
- Challenging and varied projects in the forward-looking industries
- An open environment with efficient structures
- A centrally located place of work
- An attractive and performance-based compensation
Please call us for an informal preliminary discussion, or submit your application to the address below.
We guarantee full discretion.
It is our policy only to consider direct applications and kindly request your understanding appropriately.